Call for Nominations for the 2018
Annual Northeastern Division Awards
Nominations due: April 30th, 2018
DIVISION PROFESSIONAL/EXCELLENCE AWARDS
The Division provides several awards recognizing excellence in professionalism/service. Four of these awards are administered by the Awards Committee: the Dwight A. Webster Memorial Award, the President’s Award, the Meritorious Service Award, and the Special Achievement Award. The Dwight A. Webster Memorial Award has been presented annually since 1978. The President’s Award was established at the 1993 annual business meeting. The Meritorious Service Award and the Special Achievement Award are the newest Division Professional/Excellence Awards, with the first awards given out at the 2000 annual meeting.
Division Professional/Excellence Awards for 2018 will be presented at the AFS annual meeting on August 19-23 in Atlantic City, NJ.
The strongest nominations typically include a resume of the nominee, a letter of nomination, and letters of support from employers, fisheries professionals, and AFS members and officers. Email nomination packages are fine!
Dwight A. Webster Memorial Award
This award is presented annually and is the most prestigious recognition given by the Northeastern Division. It may be awarded for any of the following achievements:
- Lifelong contributions to fisheries science and the profession in the Northeast or while working in the Northeast;
- Meritorious/prestigious service to the profession and fisheries;
- Significant academic or technical accomplishments; and
- Long-term service in the Northeastern Division as an AFS member.
This award is presented to an individual who is selected by Past Presidents and the incumbent President; it is not limited to Past Presidents. The recipient need not be a current AFS member, and the award need not be presented annually. The award may be presented for any or all the following achievements:
1. Promotion of fisheries management;
2. Upheld ideals of professionalism; and
3. Dedication to AFS and employer.
Meritorious Service Award
This award is presented to an individual who must be an AFS member for any or all of the following:
- Leadership and service to the profession and/or AFS;
- Substantial achievements for AFS and the fisheries resource; and
- Significant long-term service to the NE Division within the Division.
Special Achievement Award
This award recognizes an individual or group acting as a team or committee for any or all of the following special accomplishments:
- Notable contribution(s) for conservation and/or the fisheries profession within the Northeastern Division; and
- Administrative or project-related accomplishments.
The recipient(s) need not be an AFS member(s) and the award need not be presented annually.
To make a nomination for any of these awards, please email or mail a resume of the nominee, a letter of nomination, and supporting letters by April 30th, 2018 to Jason Vokoun at: [email protected]